Tuesday, March 6, 2018

brunch at RUSTIC MORNINGS

A bright Sunday morning when I immediately got out of bed and washed to catch the 11am meeting with friends in a place called Rustic Mornings in Marikina. A humble home converted into a restaurant with great ambiance with both al fresco and dine-in facilities that can accommodate small groups and families.

It was my very first visit to the restaurant and they jokingly asked how come I was never ever get to come to the place when I was the one most accessible to it. I just ignored and looked at the menu beside me and hailed the waiter for a blueberry pancake, some sliced kiwi and roasted almonds on the side.
As it arrived, butter melts down the pancake and the blueberry syrup drips down the side which made it look more appetizing. I thought that they are just toppings but the batter also has blueberries in it. I drizzled over the maple syrup and began to enjoy the rich and creamy pancake for my brunch. One slice of kiwi at a time and crunch on some toasted almonds made the blueberry pancake more interesting.

Finishing it with matcha latte and then I'm ready to take an afternoon nap.
 

RUSTIC MORNINGS is located at 11 I. Mendoza St., San Roque, Marikina City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

post your comments