Saturday, August 28, 2021

FOOD HACK: Japanese Tuna Sando

I happen to have lots of bread the past week from Fuwa Fuwa and I thought of something that I really crave -- Japanese sandwiches. I haven't been to Japan and the Tokyo Olympics was just a few weeks ago so I decided to create something Japanese-inspired.

There is still some Whole Wheat Loaf from Fuwa Fuwa's Gold Series and I looked upon my cupboard to see what I still have for the filling. Here's what I got:

  • Whole Wheat Loaf from the Gold Series by Fuwa Fuwa
    You can also use the Everyday Japan Tasty from the regular series
  • 1 can of tuna flakes in oil, heated or sauteed
  • Nori sheets
    I cut the nori sheets into around 2"x 4" smaller sheets, then I cut them again to thin smaller sheets just like a confetti for aesthetics.
  • 1 bottle of Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise

I just assembled everything to this liking: Lay your slices of whole wheat bread, spread your tuna flakes, top with the nori sheets and drizzle with Kewpie mayo.

 

Actually, the taste is not bad at all. It tastes like the tuna onigiri that I buy from convenience stores but with bread instead of rice. Flavors are still defined in every bite, the bread is soft and doesn't sog even if it gets wet with the tuna's brine/oil. The best thing here is that you can find the items easily in the kitchen. Now I am thinking of more ways to enjoy Fuwa Fuwa breads.

You can find Fuwa Fuwa breads in the following stores: www.fuwafuwa.com.ph/stores

No comments:

Post a Comment

post your comments