Sunday, June 27, 2021

Marison's Crispy Tripe Kare-kare

I went to SM City Masinag this afternoon because I had to go shopping for a few pairs of shorts to replace my old ones. After walking for hours strolling inside the mall, I and my mom decided to eat. I am craving for something new so I decided to try out the only restaurant I haven't gone to yet -- Marison's.

My friend has been raving about this before but I hesitated to try it on my own. At least right now I have my mom to dine with me. The first and second floors of the mall has a good of restaurants to dine in and today was the right time to check out Marison's.

The room has a good Filipino ambiance, spaceous enough for families. The exterior resembles a veranda fixure with colorful stained glass and huge wooden doors accentuated with brass, just what you can see from an old Filipino home. Inside gives a cozy experience, the huge mural of the mountains, maybe a view of Antipolo from a local artist is seen. The chairs and tables are all wood and cushions are comfortable too.


I ordered the same recipe for both me and my mom. Something new to try on, their Crispy Tripe Kare-kare. As a kare-kare lover myself, I think I've made the best choice. When it arrived, the first thing I tasted was the sauce.

 

The distinct peanut sauce with the usual Kare-kare ingredients of beef and vegetables, it was upscaled by a simple twist -- instead of the chewy tripe, they made it crispy. I only saw some videos on Facebook making the meat crispy by deep frying it, but Marison's did it with the tripe. The beef was also very tender, almost melting in your mouth.

It was a great dining experience with their Crispy Tripe Kare-kare, the alamang (fish paste) was very good too. The vegetables were not even soggy and added fresh sliced tomatoes for that fresh and citrusy taste. I also like their rice which is perfectly cooked. I finished the whole thing actually. It's only P260 for 1 person which I think reasonable enough. To tell you honestly, this dish is something that I'd come back to when I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

post your comments