Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mom's Recipe: Dalagang Bukid Escabeche

i have been making my escabeche with carrots -- like sweet and sour meatballs! but making meatballs itself takes a longer time. so i might as well share you the recipe of the one i made last weekend. you need:
6 pcs medium dalagang bukid, seasoned with salt, then fried.
1/4 k. shredded papaya
minced garlic
minced onion
minced ginger
after frying the fish, set it aside and saute the garlic, onion and ginger then put the papaya and cook it for five minutes.

for the sweet and sour sauce, mix the following in a cup:
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
after 5 minutes that the papaya is cooking, put the sweet and sour mixture in and simmer it for another 5 minutes. then put the fish inside.

makes 6 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break.
    I really like the knowledge you present here and
    can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, great site!

    ReplyDelete

post your comments